Saturday, March 1, 2014

Have you ever sailed across an ocean?

Have you ever sailed across an ocean?
On a sailboat surrounded by sea with no land in sight?
Without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come
The stand of your helm of your destiny
I want that
I want to be in Piazza del campo in Siena
I want another meal in Prague
I want another bottle of wine
and then another
I want the warmth of a woman in a cool set of sheets
One more night of love
I want to stand on summits and smoke cubans and feel the sun on my face for as long as I can
Walking the wall again , climb the tower, ride the river, stare at the stars
I want to sit in the garden and read one more good book
Most of all I want to sleep
I want to sleep like I slept when I was a boy
Give me that
Just one time

No comments:

Post a Comment